Monday, May 2, 2011

I am glad we did the right thing by BinLaden - - -

It is good to treat the remains of your enemy with the dignity that you would expect for yourself.

"Religious rites were conducted on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier at about 1:10 a.m. Monday in the Persian Gulf.

In accordance with Islamic practice, bin Laden was washed and wrapped in a white sheet before buried at sea at 2 a.m. local time, senior U.S. military and intelligence officials said."

I take no joy in his passing just as I take no joy in the death of other enemies.

A wise old soldier once said, " you do not win wars by killing the enemy, you win wars by taking away your enemy's will to fight" .

I hope this helps in that regard - - - but I have my doubts - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment