Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So now I have a social worker - - -




- - - I did not ask for one, I don't even want one, but it is a package deal with my kidney Doctor.

So I had to see her today and she wanted to know if I had any "issues" and I replied that everything is just fine considering my age.

She noticed my very long hair and ZZ top beard and asked why I wore it that way ( looking for an issue I guess :biggrin: )- - - and I had to pause and think - - -

I adopted my best West Virginia hillbilly drawl and dead pan serious demeanor and explained it thus.

"Well 'Mam, you know that I am getting on in age, and my health is not all that great."

"And both you and I know that I am not too many years from making that long last trip to them "Pearly Gates."

" Now I have tried to live my life by the good book in my older years, but in my youth I was pretty wild."

"So when I meet St Peter, it is not at all certain that he is going to let me in ".

She asked dead serious " how does all of that determine how you wear your hair and beard? "

I said without breaking a smile " Well I am hoping that with the hair and the beard they will mistake me for Jesus and just wave me through them gates - - - - :biggrin: :biggrin:

She did not know whether to laugh or cry :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

No comments:

Post a Comment